Abhishek Bachchan to address IIM Kozhikode on Friday

The actor will also have an interactive session with students
Mumbai: Abhishek Bachchan is all set to address students at the Indian Institute Of Management in Kozhikode on Friday. Though he belongs to a family filled with men of letter, Abhishek is nervous and anxious as this is his maiden academic speech. And he is expected to speak on subjects other than just cinema.
Says Abhishek, “I’ve to speak to students on cinema and my new role as a sports ambassador. I have to address them on issues related to cinema, sports and the dynamics of the two spheres of activity vis-à-vis the Indian subculture.”
What Abhishek is specially looking forward to is the chance to communicate directly with the students. “After I speak there will be an interactive session with the boys. So that’s quite an exciting prospect. I’ve never been involved in an academic discussion on cinema and sports before.”
The role of the sports ambassador is new to Abhishek. With his involvement with kabbadi and football Abhishek has acquired an increasingly sporty image. The success of his new film Happy New Year only adds to his equity as an all-rounder artiste.
Abhishek Bachchan who owns the Indian Super League (ISL)’s Chennaiyin team will take a two month break from acting after the Happy New Year to devote time to nurturing his team.
Confirming the same Abhishek says, “The ISL is at a very crucial juncture, and my team needs to be taken further. We had our inaugural game in Kolkata which is like the nerve-centre of football in India. To see the Kolkata team play was an experience to cherish. We played a match in Goa on 15 October and we won! To see the two bastions of Indian football Goa and Kolkata play matches was so heartening. I hope the other teams get the same support that these two have from their fans.”
Abhishek now wants to consolidate his football team’s position. “Yes, after Happy New Year releases on 24 October I will be working on my football till the end of the year. So that’s going to be my only project till the end of this year whatever I do I like to give my full concentration. So I don’t want to treat football like a fly-by-night operation. So I’ll be dedicating my next two months to football,” reveals Abhishek.
He adds that the team needs his attention. “I’m a team owner who likes to be involved with the game. I like to travel with my team. It boosts their morale."