Complete BE counselling by November 14, orders Supreme Court

The bench directed the authorities of both states to prepare a schedule for counselling
Hyderabad: The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University of Hyderabad had de-recognised 174 colleges for allegedly failing to provide facilities as per the norms of the varsity and the AICTE.
The Supreme Court said the students should deposit the fees in a special account instead of the college accounts till the final results of the inspections, so that they can be refunded in case of cancellation of recognition of a particular college.
The bench also stated that it would not entertain any pleas, either by students or college managements, in case of cancellation of recognition by AICTE and JNTU on grounds of lacking in facilities.
Reacting to the observations, counsel representing the TS government submitted that the government would engage the services of experts from BITS Pilani and IIT to inspect the colleges.
The bench directed the authorities of both states to prepare a schedule for counselling, which should be completed by November 14.
While expressing displeasure on delay in completing the admission process despite a direction that the same should be completed by August 31, the bench directed the authorities to file an undertaking that they would follow the 240-day syllabus system in technical education.
Education ministers’ meet ends in deadlock:
The meeting between the education ministers of Telangana State and Andhra Pradesh to resolve Intermediate exams and Eamcet issues has ended in a deadlock. The meeting, which was supposed to clear the doubts over the fate of exams, has contributed to further confusion among officials and students.
Addressing a joint press conference after the meeting, TS education minister G. Jagadish Reddy announced that the state will conduct its own Inter exams from this year. However, his AP counterpart, G. Srinivasa Rao, said such a crucial change cannot be made in the middle of the academic year.
Mr Rao said, “Inter students who completed their first-year course last year are all set to write their final-year exam in five months. We cannot disturb them at this stage. Students from both states would suffer. We can discuss about making changes for next year, not this year.”
Responding to this, Mr Reddy said, “There is no point in conducting common exams after the bifurcation. We want to change our syllabus and include TS-specific contents. We cannot do so if joint exams are held.”
However, both ministers later said they will refer the issue to their respective Chief Ministers, who will take a final decision, based on which they are ready to hold talks in the next 2 to 3 days.
Though TS did not oppose common Eamcet exam for this year, it was keen on holding separate Inter exams from this year.