Students throng Public Garden as police hold Open House

Students of various educational institutions had an opportunity to see and touch various weapons
WARANGAL: Hundreds of students from various educational institutions visited the Open House conducte under the joint aegis of Warangal Rural and Urbanpolice at the Nerella Venu Madhav auditorium in Public Garden.The Open House is being held as part of the Police Commemoration Week scheduled to be held from October 15 to 21.
The students had an opportunity to look at various weapons and arms used by the police in discharging their duties.
A wide range of arms including light machine guns and sophisticated rifles besides other devices used to detect bombs and other explosive material were kept on display.
Warangal Range D.I.G Kantha Rao, interacting with children during the Open House session, demonstrated the functioning of various weapons and explained them about the designated duties of policemen and significance of the Police Commemoration Day observed on October 21 every year.
He told the children about the day-to-day functioning of police.Warangal Rural and Urban ASPs Yadaiah and Srikanth, Mamnoor Traffic, Crime A.R DSPs Hymavathi, Dakshina Murthy, Raji Reddy, Suresh Kumar, Prabhakar and others were present.