Youth who videotaped girl at home booked

The accused allegedly consumed poison and tried to kill himself
Coimbatore:A college student was booked for harassing a girl student on Friday. The college student who was depressed by the charges against him, allegedly consumed poison and tried to throw himself out of an autorickshaw while being taken to hospital and suffered injuries.
According to the police, the victim, 19-year-old Geetha (name changed) from Pappanaickenpalayam, was studying biotechnology at a private college in Peelamedu. She had allegedly been harassed by Thirupathy, 22, a private arts and science college student, who had been trying to coerce her into falling in love with him.
After Geetha refused to respond and avoided him, he allegedly fixed a camera inside Geetha's home and had videotaped Geetha and her mother. He then threatened to upload the videos on the Internet if Geetha failed to respond to him.
Geetha had gone to the Race Course police a few days ago and complained about the boy misbehaving with her. They had let him off with a warning. Despite the police warning, Thirupathy went to the victim's college, where he allegedly misbehaved with her and threatened her with dire consequences.
After Geetha registered a complaint with the all women police station (East) on Friday, Thirupathy consumed poison and tried to kill himself. His parents decided to take him to a hospital. But he jumped out of the moving vehicle on way and suffered hand injuries. The police said the youth is being treated for his injuries.
He has been booked under sections 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC and also part 4 of the Tamil Nadu Prevention of Women Harassment Act.