Finish education model for Corporation schools

Corporation schools will get a peek into the internationally acclaimed Finland model of education system
Coimbatore:Corporation schools in Coimbatore will get a peek into the internationally-acclaimed Finland model of education system. Eazy Vidya, an educational facilitator, will provide teachers and students of corporation schools in Coimbatore an opportunity to get an insight into the Finnish education system, its CEO and founder Chitra Ravi has said.
Eazy Vidya has already facilitated bringing in the education system of Finland to Chennai by way of a tour where a six-member team, including an assistant educational officer, a headmaster and four headmistresses from the Chennai corporation, visited Finland last October.
The trip was intended to provide an insight into the reputed education system in Finland where most schools are run by the government and the schools are well-known for their excellent quality. “Even as the Government of Tamil Nadu has been providing laptops, ultilising these facilities in schools continues to be a challenge. Eazy Vidya will focus on creating models of excellence in Chennai and then emulate the same with the corporation schools in Coimbatore.
Nokia has associated with Eazy Vidya to provide applications with grade-wise content which is very popular among students. This has considerably brought down the dropout rate as students enjoy visualised learning methodologies,” she said.
The student ratio in Finnish schools are 1:20, 1:24 and 1:28 at the primary, secondary and higher levels respectively and Finnish schools use modern devices like iPad and laptops in the teaching and learning process. Compulsory training is given to students in any one of the following - painting, arts and craft, tailoring, cookery, wood work, weaving and music.
Coimbatore corporationschoolteachers will be exposed to the Internet to teach science. Eazy Vidya will also look at emotional development, both for students and teachers, and train them on dealing with attitudinal issues, bridging the gap in development of leadership qualities and training them on gender sensitivities, she added.