Coimbatore Corporation honours school toppers in Kovai

As part of I-Day celebrations, the corporation honoured students of class 10 and plus-two
Coimbatore,:As part of Independence Day celebrations, the Coimbatore corporation honoured students of class 10 and plus-two who had secured top ranks in this year’s board exams. The students were presented gold medals, cash prizes and certificates in the presence of mayor (in-charge) Leelavathy Unni and corporation commissioner G. Latha.
Six girl students of class 10 and plus-two who secured the first, second and third ranks, were given gold medals weighing 8 gm, 4 gm and 2 gm respectively.
Nearly 150 students who secured over 1,000 marks were given a cash prize of Rs1,000 each and a certificate. Nearly 200 students of class 10 who secured over 450 got a cash prize of Rs500 and about 100 students of class 10 and plus-two who secured centum in subjects were given a cash prize of Rs100.
The cultural programmes of students from Oppanakara street girls high school, RS Puram girls high school and SRP Ammaniammal girls high school were a feast to the eyes. The students also exhibited their talent in kambam, kalari and classical dance. The students are being trained by the corporation in these activities as part of their extra-curricular activities.