Anti-war ideas put up as posters

Altogether 60 posters were depicted in the exhibition and all delivered the messages of anti-war
THRISSUR: The magical mantra ‘Loka Samastha Sugino Bhavanthu’ reverberated when the children of BVB, Akamala, Wadakanchery as well as the students of Salsabeel Central School, Mundur commemorated Nagasaki and Hiroshima day as anti-war day. Depictions of anti-war posters were presented by the students to symbolize the evil effect of war as well as the present situation the world is facing.
As part of holding an annual commemoration on Hiroshima Day, the Bhavanites held ‘Samadheya 2014’, an auspicious event, which was formally inaugurated by Principal Ms. Jayasree Menon by lighting the lamp. The light was then passed from one to the other and within seconds the hall was lit up which seemed to eradicate all the darkness from everyone.
Burning light in hand, heart and soul everyone took an oath against nuclear wars, spread a message of equality and peace and also focused on what we humans can do to protect and preserve all the living and non-living beings on earth. The Salsabeel students were divided into two categories and four selected posters from each class were showcased in the exhibition.
Altogether 60 posters were depicted in the exhibition and all delivered the messages of anti-war. Paper cuttings, drawings as well as collages were included in the posters.
Salsabeel Principal Mr.C.A Francis said the school had observed Nagasaki and Hiroshima day for the past few years. "However, we planned to commemorate in a different way this time. Thus the students took the initiative to conduct an exhibition on anti-war .They even exhibited the photos of ‘Fat man’ and ‘little boy’, the two bombs used respectively to destroy Nagasaki and Hiroshima", the principal said.
The Bhavanites, in collaboration with their heritage club, gathered in the school auditorium to pay homage to millions and millions of innocent victims of the atomic bomb blast on Aug 6, 1945 in the ‘Japanese Venice’- Hiroshima.
It also held various impressive programmes that included a skit which was written and acted out by children and also essay writing on the topic ‘Nuclear War and Humanity’. They also exhibited various posters on the topic.