When love gets ugly: Boy stabs girl in college in Nizamabad

Teachers rushed to the spot and shifted both the students to the government area hospital

Nizamabad: In a gruesome incident, a degree second year student was stabbed by her classmate in Kamareddy on Wednesday. Konda Sneha, 18, a B.Com second year student was attacked by B. Sai Kiran Reddy in RK Degree College. It is believed that a love affair led to the attack.

Police said that Konda Sneha, belonging to Lingampet mandal and Sai Kiran Reddy of Wadi village in neighbouring Medak district were classmates from Intermediate. Sai Kiran Reddy had been reportedly harassing the girl in the name of love, but she had not responded positively.

Sai Kiran Reddy argued with the girl in the classroom on Wednesday and suddenly attacked her with a knife. He injured Sneha’s hand and stomach. Later, he stabbed himself with the knife. Seeing the attack the students panicked, and ran out of the classroom.

Teachers rushed to the spot and shifted both the students to the government area hospital in Kamareddy. Later, Sai Kiran Reddy was shifted to Hyderabad and Sneha to the government general hospital in Nizamabad.

Kamareddy in-charge DSP Akula Ram Reddy, rural CI Subhash Chandra Bose and SI Narender Reddy visited the scene. The police registered a case. Both the students are now out of danger, police said.