Teacher allocation from next year

Guest lecturers, reserve teachers to fill this year’s requirement in new schools
Thiruvananthapuram: Though the state government announced that only guest lecturers would be appointed in aided schools and teachers from teachers’ bank in government schools, the decision would be applicable only for the present academic year. Sources said that from the next academic year, the government would sanction the posts in these schools.
Additional batches mean an additional financial burden of Rs 480 crore for the government. However, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said that it would not be a problem for the government.
As per the High Court order, in 131 panchayats with no Plus-Two courses, the same was allotted to 43 government schools and 88 aided schools. Of the 95 schools upgraded to higher secondary, 18 were government schools and 77 aided schools. In addition, new batches were allotted to 473 schools. Earlier, three schools had been allotted Plus-Two on the basis of the court order.
There should be a minimum of 40 students in a batch. If sufficient number of students were not there, additional batches sanctioned in such schools will be withdrawn. From next year onwards, the required number of students will be enhanced to 50.
Admissions in the existing schools will be through the single window admission process. However, schools which have been upgraded can make admissions on their own. Those who have already been admitted to other schools can also seek admissions to newly allotted schools after getting the transfer certificates. Students can use the printed application forms that are available in district centres for
applying for courses in these schools.
The seat break-up in government, aided forward, aided backward and minority schools as per reservation norms will be published on the website. The Chief Minister also said that the government would consider whether to continue with schools that have fewer than 10 students.