EAMCET counselling likely to be conducted in from August

Telangana CM announced that a panel to formulate the scheme modalities will be formed
Hyderabad: Eamcet counselling is most likely to be conducted in August as higher education officials opined that a delay beyond that would be detrimental. Officials said that even if the modalities of the fee reimbursement scheme are not decided, the State Council for Higher Education will request the government to go ahead with the counselling.
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao had on Wednesday announced that a panel to formulate the scheme modalities will be formed.
Higher education officials say they will prepare to begin counselling once the guidelines for admissions to colleges through the management quota are issued by the government. Counselling will not be held this month as no final decisions have been taken by the Telangana government. Mr Chandrasekhar Rao said that 1956 will be taken as the cut off year for students to be eligible for the fee reimbursement scheme.
However, he said a committee comprising officials from the finance, education and social welfare ministries to finalise modalities of the scheme including prime issues like requirements to prove nativity and so on. Telangana has also asked for an extension of deadline for completion of the admissions process.
Officials, however, say that counselling will be conducted in August at any cost. “Beyond August, it will be too late and affect students’ careers adversely. Whether the modalities of the fee reimbursement are decided by then or not, we will have to begin counselling,” a senior SCHE official said.
“Government can sort it out later. They can ask students to pay the fees and then reimburse it directly later. Engineering colleges are not going to be directly reimbursed anyway,” the official added. Once guidelines for the admission of students through management quota is given by two governments, counselling is expected to begin.