Mumbai: FYJC second merit list announced, check here

Top colleges saw cut-offs as high as 93 per cent

Mumbai: The second merit list for the FYJC online admissions has been announced. Students can enter their application form number on the official website to check their status.

The first merit list was announced on Wednesday saw 93 per cent as the highest cut-off in some of the top junior colleges in the city in the arts, science and commerce streams. According to officials from the deputy director’s office the high cut-off was due to the fact that nearly 41,000 students got more than 90 per cent marks in the SSC results that were declared on June 17. In all, 1.76 lakh students were allotted seats in the first round of which 1.07 lakh students got seats in the top five colleges in their preference list.

According to Mr N.B. Chavan, deputy director, Mumbai said, “This year the scenario is far better than last year when hardly 20 per cent of the students got seats allotted in colleges of their choice in the first merit list. Those students who have failed to get a seat in the college of their choice must have mentioned names of colleges in the preference list that have a cut-off which is higher than the percentage they have got. If they have not been allotted seats in these colleges in the first list, they could be allotted seats in the second list if the cut-off comes in the range of their percentage.”

While top science colleges like Ruia, Ruparel and Sathaye College had a cut-off of 93 per cent, top commerce colleges like Jaihind, KC and Podar College had cut-offs in the range of 91-92 per cent. Arts colleges were not far behind as cut-offs were in the range of 89-90 per cent.

According to statistics provided by the deputy directors’ office, of the total 1,76,876 students who had been allotted seats in the first list 1,07,356 students had got admission to colleges according to their preference list.

Out of this 44,806 students got a college of their first choice, 23,158 got a college as per their second choice and 16,211 got colleges as per third choice.

During the online application process, a total of 2,03,378 total applications were received. Overall there are 2,83,268 total seats across city colleges for FYJC out of which 1.24 lakh seats were reserved for the various quotas like minority, in-house and management quota and 1.59 lakh seats will be filled through the online admission process.

Click on the links below to check out the merit list:

Check 2nd merit list

Check FYJC 2nd merit list

FYJC second merit list out