Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan boy scores 493/500

Girls fare better than boys yet again in CBSE class 12 exams

Chennai: There is an increase of 1.06 per cent in pass percentage of CBSE class 12 scores by students in the southern region. Releasing the results for CBSE class 12 examinations in the southern region, CBSE regional officer Sudharsan Rao said that the pass percentage of girl students was higher than that of the boys. “Girls’ pass percentage is 94.6 and boys, 91.96,” he said.

Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan (PSBB) Nungambakkam student Akshay Aravindhan scored 493 out of 500 marks in class 12 CBSE exams. He was among 45,000-odd students who took the exams in the southern region. Scoring centum in mathematics and 98 out of 100 marks in computer science, Akshay wants to study mechanical engineering.

Akshay’s parents, Aravindhan and Sumathi, both anaestheticians at a private hospital in the city, were delighted by their son’s performance and that he had chosen to study engineering. “He was very occupied with his studies and guidance from his teachers helped him improve his scores in every exam conducted by the school,” they said.

According to Akshay, his interest in all the subjects helped him score high marks. “English, physics and chemistry papers were quite easy,” Akshay told DC.

PSBB principal Shyamala Sekar said that the team work of teachers and students brought laurels to her school. “In all, 20 out of the 90 students in my school got an A1 grade in all the subjects. We are very happy. Our teachers trained our students well and for their part, the students earned high marks as they had put in a lot of efforts. They both share the credit for the results,” she said.

While H. Shravan of Modern Senior Secondary School scored 491 marks, V. Poornima, a student of SBOA School, got 490 out of 500 marks. Shravan got an A1 grade in all the subjects, including physical and health education, general studies and functional English. He scored 30 out of 30 in all the three science practical exams, physics, chemistry and biology.

(Wishing for his bright future principal K.Mohana of the Modern senior secondary school in Nanganallur shares a light moment with her student H.Shravan who had secured 490 out of 500 marks)

Poornima said she secured 100 marks in chemistry and 95-plus in other subjects. “My goal is to get into IIT or NIT and my dream is to become an engineer. My teachers motivated me a lot and this score wouldn’t have been possible without my parents’ support and encouragement,” said Poornima.

Seven of her friends in SBOA scored centum in chemistry. Among the 296 students of SBOA, four secured centum in the tough mathematics paper.