Ninety Five per cent pass in SSLC

Without any moderation win percentage stood 1.3% higher than 2013
Thiruvananthapuram: This year’s SSLC results have been announced with 95.47 per cent students registering a pass. The results were announced by Education Minister P.K. Abdu Rabb here on Wednesday. This is 1.3 per cent higher than last year where the pass percentage was 94.17. The announcement was a record of sorts, that is, just 19 days after valuation commenced.
Of the total 4,64,310 students who registered, 4,63,686 appeared for the examination. Out of this, 4,42,678 cleared the examination and 14,802 got A+ grade in all subjects. Last year, the number of students who got A+ grade in all subjects stood at 10,073.
Of the 4,244 students who wrote the examinations as private candidates, 2,666 passed. The pass percentage for private candidate has been put at 62.81 per cent. This year there was no moderation marks. In fact, the practice of awarding moderation was discontinued from 2005.
Of the 416 students who wrote the examination from the Gulf region, 413 cleared the test with a pass percentage of 99.2 per cent. Of the 823 students who wrote the examination from Lakshadweep, 630 students emerged successful with a pass percentage of 76.5 per cent.
The school which sent the largest number of students for the examinations was St Mary’s Higher Secondary School, Pattom, with 1,720 pupils. The least number of five students each were from the Islamic English Medium High School, Puthunagaram, Palakkad and Macdumia English Medium School, Ponnani.
The pass percentage of THSLC, SSLC (hearing impaired), THSLC (hearing impaired) and AHSLC were also announced along with the SSLC results.
The results of these examinations are as follows:
THSLC: Total students - 3,647, passed-3,591, pass % - 96.49. SSLC (hearing impaired): Total students - 334, passed - 333, pass %- 99.17. THSLC (hearing impaired): Total students - 24, passed - 22, pass % - 91.6. AHSLC: Total students -76, passed -72, pass %- 94.7.