Will robots be your caretaker, game partner and best friend in future?

Google and Microsoft have planned to create human-like robots

April 11, 2014: Can a machine have human-like qualities? Are robots able to respond in the same way as humans can? Will your next generation consider robots to be more better care takers, game partners and best friend? The answers to all the above questions lie in the innovative move taken up by the two tech- giants – Google and Microsoft.

According to official reports, Google has tied up with Savioke, a robotics company to create robots that could work in places such as nursing homes and hospitals. PCWorld also reported, ‘Google aspires to introduce robotics to hotels, elder care facilities, hospitals, restaurants as well.’ These robots can in fact also be termed as ‘ Mechanic care takers’.

‘Google has revealed it has taken over seven robotics companies in the past half a year and has begun hiring staff to develop its own product,’ as reported by BBC news.

On the other hand, Microsoft has created an interest in young engineers to create robots, which are capable of palying a full-fledged basket-ball matches. To boost up the sporty spirit of robotic creation, Microsoft even organised its FIRST ‘Robotics competition’ at Glacier Peak High School in Snohomish, Wash. Giving out detailed information about this, Microsoft stated, ‘FIRST is a national non-profit that encourages high school students to grow their science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) know-how by trying their hand at building robots. Approximately 20 Microsoft employees volunteer as mentors for local teams.’

Microsoft offered the young engineering students a time span of six weeks to construct robotic game players. Its official reports came to a conclusion stating, ‘About 120-pound robots were created during the FIRST Robotics competition, that could pick up, pass and shoot a 2-foot exercise ball over a truss and into a goal 8-feet high.’

Taking into consideration the robotic deal signed by Google and Microsoft moving on towards creating robotic basketball players, robots might just become a trend and a best friend of human beings in the near future.