Lok sabha elections: Students urges voters to vote wisely at elections

Many students feel that in the name of elections, many rural voters are exploited

Hyderabad: Students of the Institute of Computer and Business Management, School of Business Excellence, deliberating on the forthcoming elections, put their fingers on many crucial problems the country faces. Like the corruption that ensures no one can get a birth certificate, admissions to an engineering course, a passport or a government job without going through multiple layers of bureaucracy and paying bribes.

“It took me months of running around and filling applications to receive my father’s death certificate. We were already in a trauma and this just made the process even more painful,” said Smruti Sagarika Mohanty, a student of business management.

Fellow student Sravya Reddy said that in the name of elections, many rural voters are exploited. “Many politicians back criminals, leading to an increase in criminals coming to power. This election we have to elect leaders with fresh ideas who are qualified,” she said.

Anshool Agrawal wanted more empowerment of the youth in rural areas. “The development of the state must be even, with socio-economic factors balanced on both sides. It must provide more job opportunities and facilities for education for rural youth,” he said.

Vinay Singh said that AAP in Andhra Pradesh has not created any great impact. “We need an alternative, but the AAP is not my best bet now,” he said.

S. Zarar, director of the institution, said that this election will see 15 crore first time voters. If the first timers vote wisely, it can change the situation. It was the opinion of Jitender G., director, academics, that the Telangana Rashtra Samiti will overshadow other parties at the state level.

“Lakhs of them look up to KCR as their leader and want him to be the chief minister. However, I would vote for a leader who believes in development.”

Imrana Fatima, associate dean, placements, finds the AAP a disappointment. “It has lost its sheen, somebody should replace Arvind Kejriwal for the party to survive,” she said.
Firdaus Khan, associate professor, urged people to vote wisely.