Site glitch takes away joy in Joint Entrance Examination

Candidates unable to download hall tickets, Officials blame student rush

HYDERABAD: JEE (Main) aspirants are in a fix because of a technical glitch in the JEE (Main) website. Though the students have been asked to download hall tickets from the website directly, the site is not working. Students have been trying to download their hall tickets in vain since March 14.

The Central Board of Secondary Education, which is conducting the JEE (Main), has uploaded the hall tickets on the website. It has asked the students to download the tickets by entering the application number and password. However, students could not open the website despite repeated attempts.

In some cases, even after the website opened, students were not able to download the hall tickets due to a technical glitch.

I have been trying to download my ticket since March 14. I tried numerous times to open the website. However, it is not working. I request the CBSE to look into the issue and rectify the defect, urged P. Anjali, a JEE aspirant.

Another JEE aspirant, Amit Mitra said, though I could open the website after repeated attempts, I could not download the hall ticket after entering the details as the website shut down abruptly.

K. Maheshwar Rao, JEE (Main) trainer said, though the exam is scheduled for April 6, many students are trying to download the hall tickets immediately putting heavy load on the website. The problem may be there for a week. The site will be working properly when the rush subsides. There is no need for the students to worry.