SRM varsity opens for admission from Sunday

The city-based SRM Un­i­­v­ersity has anno­unced that it would open ad­mission for Indian students from December 15.

Chennai: The city-based SRM Un­i­­v­ersity has anno­unced that it would open ad­mission for Indian students from December 15. Aspirants can either download the application form from the university’s website or buy it from banks, post off­ices and the institution’s office.

The pen and paper-ba­sed entrance examination will take place on April 27 while the onl­ine test would go on for a week. Pointing out that over two lakh students take up the entrance test for admission to SRM Univ­ersity every year, its chancellor Dr T.R. Pach­a­muthu said that stude­nts, not only from India, but 48 countries, write the examination.

SRM University has bagged the top slot in various surveys and rankings because of its good reputation and recognition, infrastructure, qu­ality of programmes, re­s­earch, incredible ca­mpus placement record, location of campuses and diversity of students, he said.

“It is our endeavour to be among the world’s top universities soon,” says Dr Pachamuthu. Once the aspirant clears the entrance examination he sits for a transparent counselling session, based on his rank in the entrance test.

To recognise the student’s academic perf­o­r­m­ance and motivate him to perform well in his college studies, SRM has instituted several scholarships, grants and assistantships bas­ed on one’s academic pe­r­formance and financial need.

The founders scholarship is one of the scholarships which provides waiver of tuition fees, ho­stel fees and transpo­rtation, along with a monthly stipend to toppers in Class XII, SR­MEE, JEE (mains and advanced), achievers in sports, candidates who belong to the minority sections of society and the differently abled.

A student can log on to the university’s website www. srmuniv.ac.in or contact the information centre at 044-2745 5510/4743 7500 for more details.