Hyderabad: The Andhra Bank branch at Malakpet was completely gutted as a result of a short-circuit on Friday morning. Passers-by noticed smoke coming out of the premises at 7.45 am and alerted the fire control room.
A fire engine from the Malakpet fire station was rushed to the spot. Computers, air-conditioners and false ceiling inside the bank premises were badly damaged. The bank is situated on the ground floor of the three-storey building, with the first and the second floors housing a lodge.
However, the two top floors were not majorly affected.
Additional district fire officer, M. Bhagwan Reddy said the bank has not estimated the property loss yet. “The origin of fire is definitely electrical and since it was locked completely it took some time for people to notice it,” he said.